We provide limited, one-time financial assistance to eligible adults in North Carolina who meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must provide evidence of U.S. citizenship and legal residency in North Carolina.
- Applicant must be diagnosed with stroke or brain injury.
- Applicant must provide explanation of benefits (EOB) for this calendar year stating insurance coverage for Physical Therapy (PT), Occupational Therapy (OT) or Speech Language Pathology (SLP) has run out.
- Applicant must have a medical therapist referral to demonstrate a continued need for PT, OT or SLP to show improvement.
- Applicant must have a legitimate personal financial hardship preventing him/her from paying for additional needed therapy.
- Applicant must show desire to proceed with therapy recovery process.
*Disclaimer, while BELIEVE – Stroke Recovery Foundation recommends working with Steps for Recovery for rehabilitation, all participants have the right to select their own vetted rehabilitation center for their journey to recovery.